Thursday, April 7, 2011

AH-CHOO!!!

In the third grade, my school had story time. It was my favorite part of school (well besides playing marbles at recess). I remember we read "The 100 Dresses" and "Mrs. Frisby and the Rats of Nimh". But I also remember Mrs. Joy showing us a wordless story. It was black and white illustrations on separate pieces of paper that had been laminated. I remember it was a story about an elephant who got sent to jail for some reason. The elephant sneezed and the jail fell apart. The elephant walked away holding an umbrella over a lady friend (another elephant?). Mrs. Joy talked about how you don't have to use words to tell a story. The whole thing fascinated me. I think it was the first time I realized I could tell stories using only pictures. I have spent years wondering about that wordless story. I haven't seen it since. Because it wasn't bound, I wasn't sure if it was even a book. Today, I decided to google it... I searched "elephant in jail wordless story" And I found it!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment