Tuesday, July 30, 2013

A Horse Is A Horse, Of Course

Every ten years or so, my family decides to buy horses. 

It always starts out the same, everyone (except myself) is outside riding horses for the first couple months. Then inevitably when the novelty wears off, life gets busy, and the horses are left in the field to become fat and wild. And within a year or two, we sell the horses. 

Personally, I'm not very fond of horses. They smell, I am afraid of them (they are so big and heavy, if they decided to kill me, I wouldn't be able to do anything about it), and  I am also (conveniently) allergic to them. I don't have much to do with them. But they do present a drawing challenge, so I went outside to sketch the horses (of course, keeping a safe distance away, with a hot wire fence between me and them)...



My family has since sold our horses.
I think I will miss drawing them. 





No comments:

Post a Comment